No matter how busy you are, you simply can't ignore the importance of inbound marketing for your business.
Entrepreneur magazine broke it down as 8 fundamentals we should all know:
- The traditional marketing playbook is broken. Almost everyone - 91 percent - has unsubscribed from email lists. Two out of three (68 percent) who record TV content skip ads, and the average click-through rate on display ads is 0.2 percent.
- Your content must be great enough to break through the clutter.
- Think of your website as a hub, not a megaphone.
- Inbound includes content AND code. Invest in developer resources to identify and make leads usable.
- Master the call to action. Make sure the visitor knows where to go and what to do.
- Get visual. The average attention span is just eight seconds.
- Inbound delivers higher ROI for your business. It’s far more expensive to pour money into paid channels that don’t deliver returns than it is to invest in blogging and social media.
- Hire wisely. Invest in people who are digitally savvy, highly analytical, have significant reach on the web and have experience creating remarkable content.
To read the full story, go here.